(11/13/2001 - KILGORE, TX)
Fishing in big water requires a tough boat capable of standing up to big wave after big wave. Skeeter Boats designed its ZX Deepwater Series of deep-V hulled boats - the ZX2050, ZX1950, ZX1775T, ZX1775WT and ZX1775SC - to handle the roughest big water fishing.
"A good big-water boat needs to handle running all day in most water conditions while still offering a stable, dry platform to fish from while trolling," said Dean Burnett, National Sales Manager and Marketing Director for Skeeter. "Our ZX Deepwater Series boats make going after fish in rough waters as comfortable and stable as possible."
"Our deepwater boats are some of the only boats with transoms designed specifically to handle the new four-stroke V6 F225 and F200 from Yamaha. And with Yamaha power, you know you can get to where the fish are and back without any worries."
Some of the numerous standard features on all five ZX Deepwater models include:
- Composite construction in hull, transom, stringer and floor for added strength and durability.
- Integrated rod storage keeps gear from getting underfoot while driving or fishing.
- Cockpit Command Center (with tachometer, speedometer, volt meter, fuel gauge, water pressure gauge, trim gauge, horn and 12-volt accessory outlet on ZX2050 and ZX1950; tachometer, speedometer, volt meter, water pressure gauge, trim and fuel gauges on ZX1775SC and ZX1775WT; tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge and horn on ZX1775T) keeps the driver informed of the boat’s operation.
- A dash-mounted Teleflex TFXIDF Flasher with water temp readout and a rear transducer lets anglers see where the fish are hiding.
- Tilt hydraulic steering offers easier handling on the ZX2050 and ZX1950. Dual-cable, non-feedback tilt steering is standard on the ZX1775WT and ZX1775SC.
- Bow panel with trolling motor power receptacle and trim switch for controlling the 65-lbs. thrust, foot-operated Minn Kota AP65 Auto Pilot trolling motor with 60" shaft (standard on all models except ZX1775T).
- 6-gauge trolling motor wiring system with three battery trays provides plenty of reliable power.
- Livewells featuring independent Fill, Recirculate and Drain modes and an adjustable livewell pump timer keep fish alive for weigh-in. Dual livewells are located in the stern in the ZX2050 and ZX1950. Dual livewells are located one forward and one aft in all three ZX1775 models.
- Oversized bow and stern casting decks allow anglers to cast without worry.
- Bow baitwell on ZX1775T and ZX1775SC.
- Dual-Bank Battery Charger with external charge indicator and charging inlet keeps batteries fully charged.
- Driver and passenger glove boxes and drink holders keep smaller items stowed.
- Tandem-axle trailer with disc brakes, spare tire and rear tie-downs (Single-axle on all ZX1775 variations) provide stable towing to and from the lake.
- Powered by Yamaha outboards including the world's first four-stroke V6 outboards - the F225 and F200 (on ZX2050 and ZX1950 models).
The ZX2050 measures in at 20'4" in length with a 94" beam for a sure-footed stance in rough water. The draft measures 14" and the dry weight is 1,950 pounds. Maximum capacity is seven people or 1,650 pounds. The ZX2050 is rated for a 250 horsepower outboard and carries 58 gallons of fuel in balanced dual tanks for better handling.
The ZX1950 measures in at 19'6" in length with a 94" beam for a sure-footed stance in rough water. The draft measures 14" and the dry weight is 1,870 pounds. Maximum capacity is six people or 1,550 pounds. The ZX1950 is rated for a 200 horsepower outboard and carries 52 gallons of fuel in dual tanks (29-gallon and 23-gallon).
The ZX1775T measures in at 17'8" in length with an 88" beam for a sure-footed stance in rough water. The draft measures 12" and the dry weight is 1,300 pounds. Maximum capacity is six people or 1,450 pounds. The ZX1775T is rated for tiller-controlled outboards up to 80 horsepower maximum and carries 33 gallons of fuel.
The ZX1775WT measures in at 17'8" in length with an 88" beam for a sure-footed stance in rough water. The draft measures 12" and the dry weight is 1,400 pounds. Maximum capacity is six people or 1,450 pounds. The ZX1775WT is rated for a 150 horsepower outboard and carries 33 gallons of fuel. The ZX1775WT features a walk-through windshield that offers additional protection from the wind.
The ZX1775SC measures in at 17'8" in length with an 88" beam for a sure-footed stance in rough water. The draft measures 12" and the dry weight is 1,450 pounds. Maximum capacity is six people or 1,450 pounds. The ZX1775SC is rated for a 150 horsepower outboard and carries 33 gallons of fuel. The ZX1775SC features single console with an optional windscreen.
Ownership of a Skeeter boat opens up a world of fishing opportunity. Owners may qualify for additional money and prizes from the Skeeter Reel Money program. For details, visit the Skeeter Web site. All Skeeter boats are covered by the strongest Limited Lifetime Warranty in the industry.
For more information on the ZX Deepwater Series, contact Skeeter Products at One Skeeter Road, Kilgore, TX 75663. For the closest Skeeter dealer, call (800) SKEETER.