(10/07/2001 - KILGORE, TX)
With more and more families taking to the water, fish-n-ski boats are gaining in popularity. Skeeter Boats knows there is more to life than fishing and offers its SL Fish & Ski Series - the SL210, SL190 and SL180 - to accommodate the needs of families looking to get on the water.
"While fishing is the most popular use for a personal boat, family boats for cruising or watersports are a close second," said Dean Burnett, National Sales Manager and Marketing Director for Skeeter. "The SL series is outfitted for use as a skiboat, a fishing boat and just for plain cruising appeal to boaters and their families who like to play, but who still want to get out on the water to catch a couple of fish from time to time.
"For the family who likes to play on the water, our Fish & Ski boats offer features that will make long days of water-skiing, tubing, wakeboarding and swimming enjoyable. In addition to the in-floor ski locker/rod storage space, these boats offer a ski tow pylon for attaching ropes for water-skiers, wakeboarders and tubers. A firm-grip boarding ladder makes getting into the boat easy for skiers and swimmers alike, while the AM/FM radio with CD player and four speakers keeps everyone in the boat entertained. Yamaha outboards up to 225 horsepower ensure enough pull to get skiers and boarders up and having fun."
Some of the numerous standard features on all three SL Fish & Ski models include:
- Three built-in, retractable Rod Staze keep gear stowed while underway.
- Cockpit Command Center (with tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, trim gauge, horn and tinted walk-through windshield) keeps the driver informed of the boat's operation.
- Dual-cable, non-feedback steering offers easier handling.
- Bow panel with trolling motor power receptacle and trim switch for controlling optional trolling motors.
- 8-gauge trolling motor wiring system with two battery trays provides plenty of reliable power.
- Driver's bucket seat with slider, passenger bucket seat, rear removable fishing seats with center bench system and bow sun deck pads provide plenty of comfortable room for long days of fun on the water.
- Oversized bow and stern casting decks allow anglers to cast without worry.
- Dual stern livewells with Fill mode and pump timers help keep fish alive.
- Tandem-axle trailer with disc brakes, spare tire and rear ratchet tie-downs (Single-axle on SL190 and SL180) provide stable towing to and from the lake.
- Powered by Yamaha outboards providing higher performance and greater fuel efficiency.
The SL210 measures in at 20'2" in length with a 94" beam. The draft measures 15" and the dry weight is 1,650 pounds. Maximum capacity is six people or 1,550 pounds. The SL210 is rated for 225 horsepower maximum power and carries 41 gallons of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
The SL190 measures in at 18'5" in length with a 94" beam. The draft measures 12" and the dry weight is 1,500 pounds. Maximum capacity is six people or 1,400 pounds. The SL190 is rated for 200 horsepower maximum power and carries 30 gallons of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
The SL180 measures in at 17'6" in length with an 89" beam. The draft measures 13" and the dry weight is 1,380 pounds. Maximum capacity is five people or 1,400 pounds. The SL180 is rated for 150 horsepower maximum power and carries 30 gallons of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
Ownership of a Skeeter boat opens up a world of fishing opportunity. Owners are invited to fish in the annual Skeeter Owner's Tournament for cash and prizes valued at $75,000. In addition, owners may qualify for additional money and prizes from the Skeeter ReelMoney program. For details, visit the Skeeter Web site. All Skeeter boats are covered by the strongest Limited Lifetime Warranty in the industry.
For more information on the SL Fish & Ski Series, contact Skeeter Products at One Skeeter Road, Kilgore, TX 75663. For the closest Skeeter dealer, call (800) SKEETER.