(10/05/2001 - Kilgore, TX)
Skeeter Boats' SX Tournament Series offers Skeeter's legendary fishability in a line of boats priced to get anglers on the water fast. For those anglers, the SX200, SX190, SX180 and SX170 offer a full complement of fishing amenities to appeal to tournament fisherman.
"When we took a look at our line of tournament-class bass boats, we realized there was a segment of anglers who demand full scale features in proportionate packages," said Dean Burnett, National Sales Manager and Marketing Director for Skeeter. "This SX Tournament line of boats is a club tournament fisherman's dream."
"For the SX Tournament family, we use our X-TREME composite technology in the transom and stringer system for added durability. With Yamaha outboard power up to 200 horsepower on the SX200, the SX Tournament family's on-the-water performance is top of the line."
Some of the numerous standard features on all four SX Tournament models include:
- Two built-in, retractable Rod Staze keep gear stowed while underway.
- High-Performance Cockpit Command Center (with tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge, trim gauge, horn, tinted windshield and 12-volt accessory outlet) keeps the driver informed of the boat's operation.
- A dash-mounted Teleflex TFXIDF Flasher with water temp readout and a rear transducer lets anglers see where the fish are hiding.
- Dual-cable non-feedback steering on SX200 and SX190 and single-cable non-feedback steering on SX180 and SX170 for minimum effort in driving.
- Bow panel with trolling motor power receptacle and trim switch for controlling the 67-lbs. thrust, foot-operated MotorGuide 764 Tour Edition trolling motor with Little Gator mount on the SX200 and SX190. A 52-lbs. thrust, foot-operated MotorGuide 752 with a Little Gator mount is standard on the SX180 and SX170.
- 6-gauge trolling motor wiring system ensures a strong electrical current is available to the trolling motor.
- Three battery trays on the SX200 and SX190 and two on the SX180 and SX170 help ensure plenty of juice to run the boat's electronics while still providing enough power to start the engine at the end of the day.
- Fishing Chair with 13" fixed-height extension and bike seat with adjustable pole offer added comfort while fishing.
- Oversized bow and stern casting decks allow anglers to cast without worry.
- Livewell system featuring independent Fill, Recirculate and Drain modes and adjustable livewell pump timer keeps fish alive for weigh-in.
- Built-in in-floor cooler on the SX200 and SX190 keep cool drinks close at hand.
- Single-axle trailer with spare tire carrier, rear ratchet tie-downs and transom tie-downs (with brakes on SX200) provides stable towing to and from the lake.
- Powered by Yamaha outboards providing higher performance and greater fuel efficiency.
The SX200 measures in at 19'6" in length with a 94" beam. The draft measures 14" and the dry weight is 1,550 pounds. Maximum capacity is five people or 1,350 pounds. The SX200 is rated for 200 horsepower maximum power and carries 47 gallons of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
The SX190 measures in at 18'5" in length with an 89" beam. The draft measures 12" and the dry weight is 1,390 pounds. Maximum capacity is five people or 1,290 pounds. The SX190 is rated for 150 horsepower maximum power and carries 36 gallons of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
The SX180 measures in at 17'8" in length with an 82" beam. The draft measures 12" and the dry weight is 1,270 pounds. Maximum capacity is five people or 1,150 pounds. The SX180 is rated for 130 horsepower maximum power and carries 24 gallons of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
The SX170 measures in at 16'8" in length with a 82" beam. The draft measures 12" and the dry weight is 1,190 pounds. Maximum capacity is three people or 1,100 pounds. The SX170 is rated for 115 horsepower maximum power and carries 20 gallons of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
Ownership of a Skeeter boat opens up a world of fishing opportunity. Owners are invited to fish in the annual Skeeter Owner's Tournament for cash and prizes valued at $75,000. In addition, owners may qualify for additional money and prizes from the Skeeter ReelMoney program. For details, visit the Skeeter Web site. All Skeeter boats are covered by the strongest Limited Lifetime Warranty in the industry.
For more information on the SX Tournament Series, contact Skeeter Products at One Skeeter Road, Kilgore, TX 75663. For the closest Skeeter dealer, call (800) SKEETER.