(10/14/2001 - KILGORE, TX)
As a proud sponsor of B.A.S.S. for 2002, starting this year with the 2001 BASS Masters Classic in New Orleans, Louisiana, Skeeter Boats, which invented the bass boat more than 50 years ago, now offers a Classic Limited Edition Skeeter.
"In celebration of building premium bass boats, we've assumed the role as one of the official sponsors of B.A.S.S.," said Dean Burnett, National Sales Manager and Marketing Director for Skeeter. "And to commemorate our sponsorship, we've decided to do a special production run of boats called the Classic Limited Edition Skeeter."
"We took the Skeeter ZX200, powered it with a Yamaha VMAX 200 HPDI and added dual consoles, Limited Edition carpet treatments, custom exterior and interior graphics."
Some of the numerous features on the Limited Edition Classic Skeeter include:
- Aluminum-frame rear deck structure for precise fit of lids and easy-access compartment.
- Three built-in, retractable Rod Staze keep gear stowed while underway.
- Digital Cockpit Command Center (with tachometer, speedometer, volt meter, fuel gauge, water pressure gauge, trim gauge, horn, tinted windshield and 12-volt accessory outlet) that keeps the driver informed of the boat’s operation.
- A dash-mounted Teleflex TFXIDF Flasher with water temp readout and a rear transducer lets anglers see where the fish are hiding.
- Tilt hydraulic steering offers easier handling.
- Bow panel with trolling motor power receptacle and trim switch for controlling the foot-operated MotorGuide 782V Tour Edition trolling motor with Gator II mount. With 82-lbs. of thrust, the MotorGuide will hold the boats in position even in most windy conditions.
- 6-gauge trolling motor wiring system with three battery trays provides plenty of reliable power.
- Fishing chair with 13" fixed-height extension and bike seat with Power Pro Pole offer added comfort while fishing.
- Oversized bow and stern casting decks allow anglers to cast without worry.
- Livewell system featuring independent Fill, Recirculate and Drain modes, adjustable livewell pump timer and pump out keeps fish alive for weigh-in.
- Dual-Bank Battery Charger with external charge indicator and charging inlet keeps batteries fully charged.
- Driver and passenger glove boxes and drink holders keep smaller items stowed.
- Under-seat, built-in cooler keeps cool drinks close at hand.
- Tandem-axle trailer with disc brakes, spare tire and rear ratchet tie-downs provide stable towing to and from the lake.
- Powered by Yamaha’s VMAX 200 HPDI mounted to a standard heavy-duty 12" jackplate to raise the motor enabling higher performance.
Limited Edition Classic Skeeter
The Limited Edition Classic Skeeter measures in at 19'5" in length with a 92" beam. The draft measures 16" and the dry weight is 1,630 pounds. Maximum capacity is six people or 1,484 pounds. The Limited Edition Classic Skeeter is rated for a 200 horsepower outboard and carries 50 gallons of fuel in balanced dual tanks for better handling.
Ownership of a Skeeter boat opens up a world of fishing opportunity. Owners are invited to fish in the annual Skeeter Owner's Tournament for cash and prizes valued at $75,000. In addition, owners may qualify for additional money and prizes from the Skeeter ReelMoney program. For details, visit the Skeeter Web site. All Skeeter boats are covered by the strongest Limited Lifetime Warranty in the industry.
For more information on the Limited Edition Classic Skeeter, contact Skeeter Products at One Skeeter Road, Kilgore, TX 75663. For the closest Skeeter dealer, call (800) SKEETER.