(10/01/2001 - Kilgore, TX)
When fishing in bay waters, anglers experience both smooth, calm water and waves rough enough to abuse less capable craft. Skeeter Boats' ZX Saltwater Series boats - the ZX2400, ZX2200, ZX2200T and ZX2000 - are designed to withstand the abuse of most water conditions and to make the most of any day spent in the nation's bay waters.
"The same dedication and attention to detail that goes into our bass boats goes into our bay boats as well," said Dean Burnett, National Sales Manager and Marketing Director for Skeeter. "With bay boats like our ZX Saltwater Series, we pay attention to different things like rough water handling and non-slip decks while still paying attention to the details that make every Skeeter the best boat on the water.
"All four of our ZX Saltwater Series boats feature a center console command center with plenty of room in front, back and especially around the sides to fight those big gamefish. We added a self-bailing cockpit, larger fuel tanks for extended range and large fishboxes to keep your catch on ice until you can get back to the dock. In addition, Yamaha's new four-stroke V6 F225 and F200 are available to power these boats with a combination of excellent power, quiet manners and better fuel economy."
Some of the numerous standard features on all four ZX Saltwater models include:
- Center Console Command Center (with tachometer, speedometer, volt meter, fuel gauge, water pressure gauge, trim gauge, horn and tinted folding windshield - on all models except the ZX2200 which has a removable windshield) keeps the driver informed of the boat's operation.
- An enclosed radio box is standard on the ZX2200 and ZX2200T to keep electronics and charts dry and secure.
- Built-in tackle storage drawers keep lures and rigging organized.
- Tilt hydraulic steering offers easier handling while a leaning post makes the driver more comfortable in addition a 94-quart cooler is conveniently stowed beneath the leaning post.
- 6-gauge trolling motor wiring system with three battery trays provides plenty of reliable power.
- Built-in vertical rod holders keep gear out of the way when driving or fighting a fish. The ZX2200 and ZX2200T also feature horizontal rod storage.
- A 30-gallon fishbox on the ZX2400 and 24-gallon fishboxes on the ZX2200, ZX2200T and ZX2000 keep fish on ice until the end of the day.
- 18-gallon center and rear baitwells feature Fill and Recirculate pumps and timers.
- Oversized bow and stern casting decks allow anglers to cast without worry.
- Storage compartments, anchor storage box and fire extinguisher storage box feature durable fiberglass doors and stainless steel hinges to stand up to harsh saltwater environments.
- Galvanized, tandem-axle trailers with surge brakes, spare tire, transom tie-downs and a flushing kit provide stable towing to and from the water.
- Powered by Yamaha outboards providing higher performance and greater fuel efficiency.
The ZX2400 measures in at 23'10" in length with a 98" beam for added stability in rough waters. The draft measures 14" to enable fishing further up into the shallows, and the dry weight is 2,700 pounds. Maximum capacity is eight people or 1,671 pounds. The ZX2400 is rated for a 250 horsepower outboard and carries 80 gallons (60 in the main tank and 20 in a reserve tank with a selector switch) of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
The ZX2200 measures in at 21'10" in length with a 98" beam for added stability in rough waters. The draft measures 14" to enable fishing further up into the shallows, and the dry weight is 2,400 pounds. Maximum capacity is eight people or 1,851 pounds. The ZX2200 is rated for a 250 horsepower outboard and carries 60 gallons of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
The ZX2200T measures the same and has the same capacities as the ZX2200 but with the added benefit of a tunnel hull design. The tunnel design allows for 20"-shaft Yamaha outboards to enable the boat to get into even the most remote, shallow back bays where the fish think they are safe.
The ZX2000 measures in at 19'10" in length with a 98" beam for added stability in rough waters. The draft measures 14" to enable fishing further up into the shallows, and the dry weight is 2,000 pounds. Maximum capacity is six people or 1,389 pounds. The ZX2000 is rated for a 200 horsepower outboard and carries 60 gallons of fuel in a balanced centerline tank for better handling.
Ownership of a Skeeter boat opens up a world of fishing opportunity for the owner. Owners are invited to fish in the annual Skeeter Owner's Tournament for cash and prizes valued at $75,000. In addition, owners may qualify for additional money and prizes from the Skeeter ReelMoney program. For details, visit the Skeeter Web site. All Skeeter boats are covered by the strongest Limited Lifetime Warranty in the industry.
For more information on the ZX Saltwater Series, contact Skeeter Products at One Skeeter Road, Kilgore, TX 75663. For the closest Skeeter dealer, call (800) SKEETER .